“Praise the Lord, my soul. Lord my God, you are very great.” (Psalm 104:1)
After a summer break, preparations for a new year of Make Welcome have begun. In the midst of the various details for the next round of classes, I often stop and marvel at all that God accomplished over the past year.
- 7 amazing refugee women who are students in our classes, women who have become sweet friends.
- Locations provided for us to meet at as we needed them, each the right fit at the right time.
- A group of volunteers who have a heart to love and serve in a myriad of needed ways.
- Creativity for developing beautiful handcrafted items and finding new ways to teach in spite of language barriers.
- Friends who have come alongside to give advice, support and encouragement when needed.
And now another year of class awaits. There will be new challenges and new blessings. I look forward to seeing and sharing how God continues to craft the story of Make Welcome.
“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning." (TS Eliot)
Photo courtesy of Thalita Carvalho